Monday, March 9, 2015

7 Lovely Things Bloghop

The sweet and sassy Angelica Dawson invited me to participate in this blog hop. All I need to do is tell you 7 lovely things about myself and send you to 12 of my friends. (It is supposed to be 15, but couldn't find enough willing victims, hahaha) This will be interesting!
1. I love animals. Not all of them, but most. We have the two cats and a dog, but if I had my way, we'd probably have another cat or two, a couple more dogs, a few horses, snakes, rabbits, ferrets, birds, fish, guinea pigs, chickens, ducks, goats and even a couple cows and small pigs. We'd have a whole menagerie. But then I grew up with most of them (just not the ferrets, pigs, horses and snakes, with the exception of the occasional brown snake that went through the place, or carpet snake that ate my white dove while I was away on an excursion!).
2. I'm of pure German heritage, from both sides of my family, and live near the farm that my paternal great great grandparents bought when they migrated from Germany. I would love to buy it one day and get it back in the family! The road it's on is even named after that side of the family.
3. I've considered studying to become an event manager once I'm finished my university degree. However I really don't think I could deal with bridezillas and control freaks who can't make up their mind about what they want for an event. That's just not a stress I could take on!
4. Well, this isn't one that no one knows. People who do know me know this. But I rock
Behind the scenes opening night.
Don't mind the braces!
the rockabilly look. I'm not one to brag, because I lack the self confidence. However, in my effort to improve it, I've decided that is something I'm going to own up to: I rock that look. I'd even love to do rockabilly modeling once I've lost the weight I want to and become more comfortable with myself. But that also depends on if I could find somewhere to model for, as well. But hey, it's a dream, right?
5. When I was in primary school, we had Book Week. In grades 6 and 7 I entered the "Dust Cover Design contest". We were supposed to design a dust cover to protect the cover of a book we loved. It was supposed to be a book we'd read from the ones displayed in the library to buy. Well I hadn't read any of them, so both years I just picked one I would have read and designed away. *giggles* I won both years!
6. I'm quite eclectic in my music, movie and fashion tastes. While I'm only 28, I have a movie from the 50's that I love (7 Brides for 7 Brothers, 1954), and I do love The Duke. Terence Hill and Bud Spencer are hilarious. Yet I'm a huge fan of modern film as well. My music taste ranges from the 60's up until modern times (though there aren't many from the current year that I'm a fan of, most of my favourites are from the 80's, 90's and 00's). As for genre... well pretty much anything except country. As for clothes... well there's rockabilly, goth, steampunk, rennaisance, red carpet style fancy, and then just simple casual style as well. I'm a girly tomboy. I have a different style for each day of the week, really. Just don't have the actual closet to match lol
7. I was in the choir in high school. Well, the choir and then the chorus. The choir ran when I was in the junior years, but people stopped turning up so it was cancelled due to lack of interest. A couple years later, we then had "chorus", run by a different teacher. That was just a mess and didn't last long, either. However I did keep with the passion of performing arts, and was in 2 musicals through high school. In grade 9, I was a member of the chorus, and even had a line as an "extra". We did a 70's version of Frankenstein, with the mastermind trying to create the perfect band, or something along those lines. It was quite fun. I got to wear my awesome chunky heeled knee high boots and pink paisley dress. Then, at the end of grade 11 I auditioned for the musical for the following year (they were held in April/May, so we got on to them early!), and landed a main role! I was caretaker and "mother role" to the zombies. That was rather interesting. Though I learned just how cold the school hall got at night, and ended up stuck behind a piece of the set with painfully cramping feet. That was opening night. The following nights, I kept thick socks on, since the audience couldn't see my feet. Lesson learned!

Well, now that I've shared 7 lovely things about myself, it's time for me to point you to 15 other people so you can learn more about them. Here goes (some of them have participated)
Ray Sostre
Debra Marie Greene
Elizabeth Black
Julez S Morbius
Pablo Michaels
Naomi Shaw
Muffy Wilson
Erzabet Bishop
Eden Connor
Denyse Bridger
Sassie Lewis
Susan Child