Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

 I'm wondering how many of you read the title to the tune of the Welcome Back Kotter theme song? I know I did, and I haven't even seen the show. I just know the tune. 

So I'm finally reopening The Naughty Pages after a hiatus of a year. Almost to the day, actually. Almost. It's taken me this long to get even close to back to normal after a family tragedy last year that is still taking its toll. It's just one of those ones that I won't ever totally "get over". So I do ask for patience because sometimes, posts may be sporadic. I will try my best, though, to keep posting regularly. 

This time around, I'll be doing things differently. I'll be doing 2-3 posts a week, sometimes promo for others, sometimes guest posts, maybe the occasional review, or snippets from WIP's, or discussions of interesting topics. I want to keep the content fairly relaxed. So I will be open for suggestions on what readers want to see. I will be trying to keep the days the same, however. That may take a couple weeks or so to sort out and settle into. 

To kick the blog back off, I'd love to talk about The Return of Their Master. My second title, it was released in April of this year. A first peek at a different world of vampires, it's a chance to dip your toe into new waters. The Return of Their Master is stand alone at the moment, and follows Angie, her three sisters and the man she wishes she didn't love, Jake. Angie doesn't want to put Jake in danger, yet her choice is taken when her Creator, Vitalis, tracks her and her sisters down. She is forced to tell him her secret, and it's not as simple as "I'm a vampire."
When Mary, the oldest sister, is taken, Angie and her two remaining sisters are forced to team up with Jake, who is also a weapon enthusiast, to take on their Creator and get their sister back. Things aren't as simple as defeating their dark father, however, and Angie gets more than she bargained for. Can she forgo her future with Jake, or will she throw caution to the wind and risk dooming vampires and mankind alike?

Phoenix Johnson is an Australian author who has always had the passion for the written word. She had her nose in at least one book ever since she could read and would even scrutinize the back of the cereal box every morning at breakfast. It was only natural she take up writing.
After reviewing a few delicious titles for Naughty Nights Press as she wrote her first title, The Wolf in the Neighborhood, Phoenix was of one mind to submit it to NNP, and she hasn't looked back. The Return of Their Master now joins her first title for sale, and both books are receiving great reviews. Phoenix feels that being invited to write for the NNP blog is a great honour, and loves being part of the team!
You can get in touch with Phoenix on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr or view her website here, or buy her books direct from Naughty Nights Press, or other good ebook distributors.