Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Special Halloween Promo with the fantastic J. S. Morbius

Title: For The Love Of Leon
Author: J.S. Morbius
Date of Release: October 31st 2013
Genre: Gay Male Fiction
Format: Available in all eBook formats

Buy Link: Naughty Nights Press (available now)
Available Soon From: All Romance eBooks | Amazon | Amazon Ca | Amazon UK | Barnes & Noble
Blurb:
Leon wanted the same thing everyone else wants: a loving relationship lasting beyond a few weeks. All he’d ever been able to find, however, was a few weeks hot on sex, but cold on romance. The day he walks into the local pub and sees a newcomer sitting by the window, he hopes his luck is about to change.

As he and Simon spend time together, Leon realizes not everything is as perfect as he’d thought it would be. Experiencing love also means experiencing the ups and downs of a new relationship.

When Simon tells Leon they need to talk, Leon is forced to wonder... is he going to be unlucky in love yet again?

Chapter One
Sitting in the park enjoying the scorching sun, my attention was drawn to the couples there. Lying around, walking hand in hand, they were everywhere. I found myself wishing life had been kind enough to grant me a relationship like theirs. It wasn’t as though I hadn’t tried to have something like that in my life. I’d done everything to find the right person and settle down. But they had all been meaningless, intense passion and nothing else, fizzling out after months, sometimes weeks. Try as I might, no one I had ever met seemed to want to commit to a long-term relationship. Don’t get me wrong, the sex was fucking great, always the star of a relationship, but some nights I would have liked someone to go out with. A meal, the cinema, or even a concert, and then home like a loving couple. Someone who didn’t just want to fuck, but someone who liked to kiss and cuddle, someone to wake up with and make breakfast for.
Just watching the crowds started to get me down and I stood up, making my way out of the park, aimlessly wandering to anywhere I didn’t have to stare at all the happiness around me. Staring in shop windows at fancy designer gear I could easily afford, but had no reason to own, pissed me off even more. I made my way to a small bar by the river I knew wouldn’t be over-crowded with more couples.
Once there, I ordered a pint and sat outside by the river’s edge, just watching the barges trundle by and the handful of fisherman desperately trying to outdo each other with their catches. Smiling to myself, I felt a lot more relaxed than I had at the park and as the afternoon drew toward evening, I started to think about the long walk back through town to my apartment. I knew I couldn’t put it off, even though I would happily have stayed where I was, watching the world drift by forever. I drained my glass and headed back into the bar. As I leaned over to set my empty pint on the counter, I saw him, sitting alone by one of the windows. Suddenly leaving seemed like the last thing I wanted to do. I situated myself on a barstool, ordered a coke, and tried not to look like I was watching him, only glancing over every now and again.
I guessed him to be around thirtyish, half a dozen years or so younger than me, and I was instantly drawn to how impeccably dressed he was. Unlike a lot of the males in my town, he wasn’t in torn jeans, combat-style trousers, or t-shirt. Instead, he was wearing black dress trousers, a light blue long-sleeved shirt which was unbuttoned at the neck, and well polished shoes.
Not only was his dress nice, but the way he looked was as well. Slightly tanned, shaved with just a hint of light brown stubble, and neatly styled, not too long or too short, brown hair. A small, gold sovereign ring adorned his left little finger, and a diamond earring sat in his left earlobe.
As I watched him, I noticed he never turned to face the rest of the pub. He kept his eyes firmly on the window as though waiting for someone, sipping from his glass.
Now although where I lived was classed as a city, it wasn't much bigger than a large town. Every time someone new appeared, they always drew attention. This man was no different, I noticed, for I wasn’t the only person keeping a close eye on him.
On the opposite side of the bar were a group of the local, so called, ‘hard’ men. They were also keeping their eye on this new stranger and seeing as I knew them as well as I did, I knew their reason would be totally different from mine.
For a few minutes I continued to shift my gaze between the stranger and the thugs, and as they stood up to leave, I decided I had a decision to make. I could either let the man leave, knowing full well the thugs would be waiting for him to step outside the pub, or I could go over, introduce myself, offer to buy him a drink, and maybe get to know him.
Keeping my eye on the man to make sure he didn’t just get up and leave, I called the barman over.
“Get me another coke please, and whatever he’s drinking.”
“Are you sure? He’s having double scotch.”
“Yeah, that’s fine.”
I paid for the drinks and took both glasses over to where the stranger was sitting.
“Hope you don’t mind, but I saw you alone and got you another,” I said, placing the scotch on the table.
“Oh thanks, that’s very kind of you.”
“Well, you’re new in town and I just thought it would be nice for someone to welcome you.”
“Don’t get too many places like that nowadays.”
“I know, but I remember what it was like when I first moved here,” I told him. “My name’s Leon by the way.”
“I’m Simon, but you can call me Si. Won’t you join me?”
“Thank you,” I said, sitting on the small stool by the table opposite Si. “So are you just passing through?”
“Hopefully I’m going to buy a place, if the property prices here aren’t as outlandish as the last two towns I looked in.”
“I guess that depends on what you are looking for.”
“Ideally a two bedroom apartment, or house if possible.”
“There’s a fair few of those at the other end of town,” I told him. “Is it for just you, or do you have a family that will be joining you once you have found a place?”
“Just me. I have no family.”
“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to pry,” I replied, lowering my head, slightly embarrassed at my clumsy attempt to find out more about him.
“No need to apologize, you weren't to know.” He lifted his hand to wave away my apology. For the next few minutes the two of us sat there sipping our drinks, when Si finally broke the silence.
“So tell me, Leon, what do you do around here? My guess is there’s not much in the way of employment to be had.”
“No there isn’t, but I’m lucky enough to work from home as a graphic artist.”
“Wish I could work from home. Mind you, I wish I had a home, but it’s too late to find something now, I guess.”
“I wouldn’t say that. You did happen to choose the one place in town that does bed and breakfast.”
“Ah well that’s lucky then! Would you give me a moment to get set up?”
I watched Si walk over to the bar and begin chatting with the barman. I found myself staring intently at his muscular physique and firm ass, hoping, praying he was gay and wondering what my chances would be with him if he was.
“Thanks for letting me know. He only had one room left,” He sat back down, draining his glass.
“No worries.”
“So, apart from saying you wanted to give me a warm welcome to your small town, what was the real reason for buying a stranger a drink?”
“No other reason,” I lied. I couldn’t tell him the truth, not now that he was thinking of moving to the town. I wanted him to feel welcome, not frightened off by potential danger from local thugs.
“Well maybe I can return the favor another day,” Si smiled. “How about tomorrow? I’ll buy you lunch.”
“You don’t have to do that.”
“I know I don’t, but I want to.”
Being asked to lunch by the hottest guy I had seen for ages seemed too good to be true, and I felt my cheeks begin to flush with embarrassment.
“Okay what time?” I mumbled under my breath before repeating myself a lot clearer.
“Why don’t you meet me here about one? Gives me time to have a look around at property.”
“One it is then,” I said, then drained my glass. “Anyway, I better go and let you get settled. Besides, I have a design I have to finish tonight.”
“Oh okay, see you tomorrow then,” Si replied sullenly, and I was sure I could see a look of disappointment in his eyes at the thought of me leaving. But work was work, bills had to be paid, and anyway the date for the next day was arranged and by now I knew the thugs would have finally given up waiting, calling it a night as well. As I stood up, Si offered me his hand and I gave it a gentle shake instantly noticing how soft his skin was. I turned and headed out into the night, a slight smile on my face. If he does hang around I am definitely going to get to know him a lot better, I thought. I walked past where the group of thugs had been hanging out, the cigarette butts and discarded beer cans giving them away, and I continued toward my place.

Author Bio:
Julez S. Morbius is the pseudonym of an engaged father to nine children, four of his own and five step-children. He is also partially disabled, having been born with a neurological condition that has caused his nervous system to deteriorate over the years and finds writing to be the way to express his feelings and fantasies.
Having been writing for less than five years, his first release was “Star Search”, was published by Naughty Nights Press (NNP) in November 2011. This was followed by an appearance in the gay male anthology, “The Boy’s Club”, also published by NNP, where he has further books released.
Julez now considers writing to be his main occupation, and continues to write, mainly in gay male, transgender, and cross dressing genres.
You can find out more about Julez S. Morbius at his blog, Morbius’s World
You will also find excerpts of previous unpublished works, information on current works in progress, release dates and book cover images.

Bringing Love and Romance
To The
Third Sex!

Visit Julez S. Morbius at these places: